10 Mile & 15 Mile Saturday, January 28, 2023 8:30AM start for everyone. Race day packet pickup will be at the Fort Monroe Community Center, 100 Stillwell Road, Fort Monroe, VA 23651. Start/finish line will be just a short walk away.
January 28th, will be at Fort Monroe, Hampton VA 23651. With a gorgeous scenic new course which will take you over the moat bridge and loop inside the inner Fort continue off base and over the Mercury Blvd. Bridge and then back to the base with more scenic views of the base. 10 milers will be 2 loops, 15 milers 3 loops. Finish line closure is based for each race date on a 15 minute per mile. Everyone starts at 8:30.
Below is a listing of the impacted roads. The following roads will be impacted on January 28, 2023 from approximately 6:00 AM until approximately 2:00 PM.
- Mercury Blvd/ Mercury Blvd Bridge will be closed from N. Willard Ave to Fort Monroe.
- McNair Drive (along the marina) including the very southernmost section of the Chamberlin parking lot will be closed.
- Stillwell Drive will be closed.
- Fenwick Road from Outlook Beach (East Gate) to Stilwell Road will be closed.
- Northgate Road will be closed.
- Inside the fort, Ruckman Road and Bernard Road from the Chapel of the Centurion to East Gate will be Closed.
- Fenwick Road from Patch Road to Stillwell Drive will be one lane traffic.
- The inside lane going clockwise around Bernard Road, around the northeast side of the inner fort will be closed. The outside lane going counterclockwise will remain open.
- Northgate Bridge and Sallyport will be closed.
OPEN AND ACCESSABLE PATHS OF TRAVEL:
- Old Point Comfort Yacht Club, Freedom Boat Club Members, 37 North Marina workers and guests and Deadrise workers, guests and deliveries need to use Ingalls Road and access parking via Tidball Road, Frank Lane and Harrison Street, as well as Fenwick Road to access the large parking lot across from the Chamberlain. DO NOT CROSS McNair Drive with vehicles!!!
- Inner Fort: Visitors to the Casemate Museum and Bernard Road will be open from the Main Gate to the Chapel Center end of Matthews Lane.
- Please utilize Matthews Lane for access back to the Main Gate as an alternate to Ruckman.
- For access to the Colonies RV and Travel Park, Community Center, Longbow Industries, Hampton Police Precinct, Youth Sailing Virginia, Oozlefinch, Virginia Marine Resource Commission and anyone accessing businesses or areas north of the fort please use Patch Road. Expect major delays from 8:30am until 9:00am on Patch Road as runners cross at Northgate Road.