Special Event: Fort Monroe Fun and Fireworks July 5th
This traditional Fort Monroe event includes live music, food vendors, family-friendly activities and a spectacular fireworks. The USAF Heritage of America Blue Aces Ensemble will perform at 7 pm. The Blue Aces are 7 dynamic Airman-musicians who perform a diverse mix of today’s favorite artists (Kings of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Tori Kelly, Eric Church, etc.) and the old school rock and rhythm and blues of yesterday (ZZ Top, Stevie Wonder, Allman Brothers, The Beatles, etc.) The band, comprised of a 2 vocalists, guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and horn section. Following the performance by the Blues Aces, the fireworks display will begin at 9:15 pm. Earlier in the day, visitors have use of the beaches, picnic areas, campground, fishing piers, waterfront restaurants and the craft brewery.
Viewing from Wherry Quarter—
1. Plan to arrive early and enjoy the concert at 7:00 pm. Parking will be limited. No vehicular traffic will be allowed onto Fort Monroe after 8 pm.
2. Consider bringing hearing protection. Fireworks are big and loud.
3. Please do not bring your pets.
4. No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
5. You may bring coolers and picnic baskets. Please, no glass containers or pop up tents.
6. Grilling/open flames are not permitted. No personal fireworks are allowed.
7. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and picnic baskets. Please, no skates or skateboarding on the boardwalk, seawall, sidewalks, or closed streets.
8. Food Vendors will be on site from 5 – 9:15 pm.
9. Portable restrooms will be available.
1. North Beach—often referred to as Dog Beach. This area is closed to the public.
2. No viewing will be allowed from atop of the Fort.
3. No parking on the grass unless it is a designated parking area.
4. No viewing will be allowed on the Mercury Blvd. Bridge.